• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

IC443 - Jellyfish nebula

Started by Ivor, Mar 30, 2012, 23:15:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivor

Fancied giving this a go before it disappeared but I only managed a few subs but I'm pleased with what I managed with the limited data. I took a couple of S-II subs (there no O-III I discovered as well) hoping to go back for more but the nights were against me, I'll be going back later in the year to try again.

4 x 10mins HA ST8300M FLT110

MarkS

Ivor,

That's looking really good even with such a small integration time.

Nice one!

Mark

RobertM

Yes, I'd agree with Mark, that's an excellent start.  There's a bit of coma showing in the corners but not too bad.

Robert

Ivor

Thanks for the feedback. I started getting the coma since swapping from the DSLR and I thought it meant I needed to adjust the Reducer/Flattener I've playing around with it but all that happens was the stars went out of focus. Is it caused by the chip size change and is there anything I can do to get around it preprocessing?

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Quote from: Ivor
Thanks for the feedback. I started getting the coma since swapping from the DSLR and I thought it meant I needed to adjust the Reducer/Flattener I've playing around with it but all that happens was the stars went out of focus. Is it caused by the chip size change and is there anything I can do to get around it preprocessing?

Which scope and reducer are you using.  If the DSLR produced coma free images, is it possible that the reducer to CCD distance is different for the new camera?

Mark

Ivor

I'm using the FLT110 and the WO reducer/Flatener IV
http://www.williamoptics.com/accessories/flattener4_features.php

How do you work out the distance required?

Rocket Pooch

Ivor,

You dial in the distance on that one say 60mm and then space from the bottom of it to the film place, at 60mm it has to be 60mm +- 1mm to get round stars.

Chris