• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Observing Session - Tonight (10th May) from 8:15

Started by Mike, May 10, 2011, 10:06:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

(as Mick has forgotten again  :roll: )

Don't forget....

Observing Session - Tonight (10th May) from 8:15

Forecast looks promising.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

HarryF

I'm looking forward to it.
I loaded up all my scopes into my car last night ready to bring them along.
I can also bring some good binoculars with me too if anyone needs them.

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

Didn't forget, wasn't home yet :P
:angel:

See everyone later
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mike

MarkS

Couldn't make observing evening but I got the C11 and webcam out for some lunar/Saturn imaging because Skippy Sky had a fantastic seeing forecast and Meteoblue's was pretty good.

I ended up very disappointed but I did see a wonderful spiky shadow extending exactly halfway across crater Archimedes.

Mark

JohnP

I tested out the OAG on a DSO last night - it worked a dream - 20min subs no problem - in fact Ithink I am now in a position where I can integrate for as long as I want.. no longer limited by flexure/ movement.

You are right though Mark seeing was very poor - the m101 subs were very poor (although stars nice & round) - moon didn't help but at least I know all the kit works now. Will post results later.

John

Mike

The sky wasn't very transparent last night plus the moon didn't help.

Despite that we went up to the field last night and there were about 6 scopes set up looking at various things. There were about 15 of us last night. I haven't seen so many people at an Obs. Session for a long time.

mickw

The moon was a bit spectacular last night, and we had some nice kit to play with  :D
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

HarryF

Thanks to everyone that helped me get my scope set up, especially Robert.
We got some absolutely brilliant views of the moon as well as Saturn.

It's a pity that I missed the Iridium flare though, I was too busy making sure I had packed everything away.

I definitely want to go to a DSC now, although I'm not sure I can make the next one.