• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Gamma Cygni Widefield

Started by RobertM, Jun 07, 2010, 22:44:38

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

This was my main target for the uDSC at Northiam.  Butterfly nebula nebulosity around Gamma Cygni and Crescent Nebula.  Some field Rotation has crept in but otherwise I'm pleased with the way it's come out.

Particularly evident are the bow shock waves in the interstellar medium in front of NGC6888 and the hot Wolf Rayet star within.

I've included an overlay from MaximDL showing all the objects contained within the image for reference.

Capture details:

Camera FLI ML8300 + Baader 7nm Ha filter and Canon 200L lens@f/3.2
10 x 600s calibrated/DDP in MaximDL and levels/curves/slight sharpening in PS3.

Large size: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4047/4679669268_91817e076e_o.jpg

Object overlay:

TFL
Robert

MarkS

That is an excellent widefield Robert - lots of interesting detail in there.  I see what you mean about the "rotation" but it's not too distracting.

Mark

Rocket Pooch

The Thing

Glorious widefield. Are you going to venture into colour with this setup? It would be stunning.

My scope is definitely narrow field as even with my Baader reducer it is a 1750mm scope (worked it out today with the help of Maxim and a PinPoint reduction). No hope of anything like this.

RobertM

Duncan, yes colour in in the plan though it will be the false colour narrow band version.

1750mm is a long f/l and quite difficult to work with on an SC due to mirror flop.  You'll need a half decent camera lens for something like this...

Robert