• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp Dates for 2010

Started by Mike, Nov 15, 2009, 23:46:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

The dates for the Deep Sky Camps in 2010 are :-

• January 15th to 18th
  • March 12th to 15th
  • May 14th to 17th
  • July 9th to 12th
  • September 10th to 13th
  • November 26th to 29th

As you can see there is one every 2 months throughout the year around the time of the new moon (apart from Nov. as that falls on Bonfire Night weekend)

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

Thanks, Mike. I've added those to the main website.

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Tony G

Mike,

The dates in September may clash with the France trip.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

Then it will give an alternative to those not going to France. Plus, no dates for France have been published anywhere so how would I know??  :P

Rick

The Deep Sky Camp location has been changed. The new site is:

Rother Valley Caravan & Camping Park,
Station Road,
Northiam,
East Sussex.
TN31 6QT

Mike

I've sent the dates to Rother Valley and requested the booking of the entire far corner for the duration.