• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

IC1318 Gamma Cygni Nebula

Started by Daniel, Aug 21, 2009, 20:22:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Hi All, just finished processing another Image I got on wednesday night, again, I just fired this off at the end of the nights session so theres a lot of  noise reduction on this one.

There's a piece of my lens flare missing in the bottom left, I think this is an abberation of the flip mirror on the 40D.

Anyway, here it is, this is 16x90s ISO 320

Daniel
:O)

RobertM

That looks really excellent Daniel.  I'm still astounded what you can image in such a short time.

Very strange artifact around Gamma Cygni ! not quite sure what's going on there.

Robert

MarkS

Daniel,

That is stunning - especially since it is less that half an hour total exposure!

Mark

Daniel

Thanks guy's, Tried to image pacman last night and was beaten by it, image never came out particularly good at all, I was experimenting with ISO settings and tried ISO 160, didn't give me too good a result, might have to go the other way and try even shorter subs on higher ISO, that said, I did an hour on M33 which didn't come out too bad, NGC 604 looked quite visible in it, although I haven't processed yet.

Daniel
:O)

Mac