• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Rosette Ha Tuesnode

Started by Rocket Pooch, Feb 22, 2009, 20:26:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

Here's a quick Rosette from Tuesnode, could have done with a lot more data, but the mount decided to flip....

JohnP

How many subs was that then?

Was it a crop or full frame..

John

Rocket Pooch

7 subs, & full frame @ F4

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mac

Tony G

Nice image, and no sign of a Khoom Fay.  :D

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

MarkS

That's not at all bad for the small amount of data you had.  The dark lanes are beginning to come out well.  Again, it's a good scale.

Mark

RobertM

Nice image Chris, very smooth and detailed for 7 subs.  Was that the 6" Newt ?

How long were the subs?

Rocket Pooch

Hi Robert,

It was the ZS66 with a .67 Reducer (hence the coma) so the scope was at F4 approx and 7x5 minute subs.  I need to decide if I'm going to get a WO Reducer or maybe a Tak FS60, need to decide, I'm not over impressed with the ZS66 nowhere near as good as an ED80.

Chris

RobertM

That coma looks suspiciously like it needs collimation, if it was coma due to the reducer I would expect it to be pointing away from the center rather than towards the lower right.  That was exactly what I had with the Sky90 (but worse), after you pointed it out and I adjusted the images were a world apart.  What's the coma pattern like without the reducer?