• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

The Seven sisters

Started by RobertM, Dec 07, 2008, 15:35:31

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

This hasn't turned out as well as I expected and the processing is dubious but will have to wait a week or two to finish off now the moon is rearing itself again.

Taken last night with the usual candidates - Sky90 @ F/4.5 with SXV-H9 camera guided with ED80 and Atik16IC

40 x 2min exposures of luminance data with Baader Neodymium filter.

JohnP

Looks not too bad Robert - a good start... John

MarkS

That's looking really good Robert.  Excellent detial and framed very nicely.

It would look fantastic with some added colour!

Mark

Fay

Robert, that is a beautiful image!!!! So smoooooooooooth
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Fay

Robert, I have been looking at your images & the stars are so nice & tight, never bloated, lke mine, is that the Tak? Or your wonderful focusing? Or both?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

A guess a combination of a quality scope plus a motorised focusser controlled by FocusMax  :angel:
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

RobertM

Fay, I put it down to a combination of the optics and automated focusing.  The FocusMax program does a much better job than I could even with the latest focusing masks, the stars are noticably tighternow.  Obviously it's not 'hard core' astronomy but I was spending too much time focusing before and between filter changes, it now takes 10-15 seconds so I can put that extra time into capturing data.