• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

OK - Work in progress IC63...

Started by JohnP, Oct 28, 2008, 09:39:46

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Just for Chris I thought I'd have a go at a 'toughie'...... & boy is it tough...

I only went out for a few hours last night (need to get dew heaters sorted) & about 1hr of that was waiting for clouds to pass...so this is just 4X10mins + 2X5mins Ha with Atik through ZS66. It's very much a work in progress. I checked one of the 10min subs & there is only about 200ADU max between the nebula & background noise (1650 V 1800). The prescence of Gamma Cas also makes this hard...

Anyway it's there I just need to add a lot more data....

Don't be too harsh I know it's 'carp...'

John.

doug

If you say it`s "carp", does this mean that it`s fishy  :lol:
Always look on the bright side of life ...

JohnP

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I would have said Crap but I thought I might of got told off.....!

John

RobertM

I think thats very good John, you obviously need more subs but that's the name of the game with these nebulae.

Mike

Not bad John. I had a go at this myself about a year ago and it sure needs good conditions plus plenty of exposure.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Daniel

Looks great, obviously, more subs would help, but you've lifted it out of the background really well, I tried that ghost-like nebulae in cepheus a few nights ago, and despite taking long subs, pretty much just resolved a splodge, well done!

JohnP

Thks all - Yes it has potential & there is also neb starting to show along the bottom... it'll be good to try a whole night on this when I get the dew heaters sorted.. It's pretty cool the way the star light from Gamma Cas illuminates the whole thing.....

John

Rocket Pooch

see its a toughy, remember I spend 7 hours on mine :-)

JohnP

Yes but what a result you got... :-)

I doubt I'll be adding colour though.....

John

Rocket Pooch

Fay

John,

that has come out ok, with all that dew as well. I had a go last week, but dew was heavy again. Hopefully some crisp dry nights ahead!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

Fay

I'm ok. As John, says, the nights have been too damp. I have been outside but no results. Problem with the meridian & guiding last night.
I have ordered some dew strips & controller, so should be here this week.

You sound very jaunty, Chris!

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

yup at home all week now, so quite happy no wales this week