• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC891 - Another from Les Granges.. Sorry...!

Started by JohnP, Oct 13, 2008, 11:37:00

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Forgot I took this... :-( Main reason was my guiding was playing up again & I wasn't happy with result but thought I would post anyway. It represents 15X3min subs (L only) through MN56 (the only image I took with this scope) using as usual my Atik 16ic.

If you look closely at 9'oclock position (left at edge of frame) I have also captured PGC9042 which according to Sky Map Pro is a Mag 16.4 galaxy measuring 30 arcsecs X 18 arcsecs...

Cheers,  John

Mike

Wow!!  :o

Suberb detail in that dust lane. It almost looks 3D.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Thks Mike,

I've also noticed that as well as the galaxy at 9o'clock position on LHS of image there is one just to the top right about 1 o'clock of core of galaxy. Looks even fainter but I can't identify it as Sky Map doesn't go that low...

John

RobertM

Great image John and the guiding doesn't look to shabby either

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Thks Robert/ Fay - I had to loose quite a few images because of guiding playing up.. still not 100% sure but I think I still have an issue with the MN56. I will give it another try at home one evening... The image came out better than I thought & I am chuffed to have got the two faint galaxies..

John

Daniel

Fantastic, I agree with Mike, very 3d, especially the core

JohnP

Thks Daniel... all I an say is its nowt to do with the processing that makes it look 3D - must have just been down to seeing on the night....

John