• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Imaging Session 17 - Friday 11th January 2008

Started by Mike, Nov 13, 2007, 15:12:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

The 17th Imaging Session will be held on Friday 11th January at 8pm (Please do not arrive before 8pm 8) )

This is for the astrophotographers or people interested in learning about astrophotography to get together and do some imaging. Anyone else who wants to come to watch and learn, or just do some observing is also welcome. No equipment or prior knowledge is needed.

If it is cloudy there will be a workshop on a topical subject. If you have any preferences on the topic please let me know. If it is clear we will go outside and do imaging.

Hot and cold drinks and nibbles are provided.

You are welcome to stay overnight if it is clear and you wish to do some astrophotography (or watch others do it). Bring a sleeping bag if you are staying overnight. Bring an extension lead if you need mains power. You are more than welcome to bring your own equipment along.

Please note that any member is welcome, even if you have no equipment and just want to watch and learn.

If you need the address, my phone number or any other information then send me a PM.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Reminder about this Imaging Session on Friday 11th. Anyone have any specific topic they want discussed?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

MIke, any thoughts on, how to manage different length exposures, for example to bring the bright core down in M42
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

I am certainly no expert in how to do that but do know a few techniques. OK I will do a session on that subject then. Thanks Fay.

Mike

REMINDER - Imaging Session this Friday at 8pm (please don't arrive any earlier).

Delphine

Hi Mike

I am planning to come to your Imaging Session this evening.  Hope there is space for me.   I haven't been before so thought I had better let you know. 

cheers
delphine

Mike

Delphine you are more than welcome. See you there.