• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

First go at colours in the moon

Started by Whitters, Aug 25, 2007, 23:39:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitters

After Mike's imaging session last night I thought I would have a go at getting the colours in the moon.
Tech info: ED80 f7.5 prime focus. Canon 30D  125sec exp, 100 ISO

It's tricky getting the right balance, I definitely haven't got it right here there is more colour to bring out.

Mike

125 SECONDS !!! Surely not.

Not bad Paul. Is it a single frame or a stack? I think most images of hyper-saturated moons use stacks to increase the colour signal.

Do you still have that article in S&T about how to do this?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Mike

What is that bright flash inside the terminator? Have you caught a metoer impact or a TLP?    ;)
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Whitters

Hi Folks,
It's a single shot, I think that the bright flash, is only a fully lit crater shining through, On the unprocessed image the illuminated moon extends past that crater.

Tony G

Hi All,

nice image Paul, not as colourful as the one @ Mike's, but keep going, by the way that bright object is Aristarchus ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Whitters

Tony, I'm getting worried about you ;)
You aren't turning to the bright side are you?

Tony G

That Lunar atlas is great!!!!!!!! :)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

That is nice, Paul. Everyone seems interested in your technique!
Tony, you are getting to be an authority on the Moon!
I don't mean you are ON the Moon!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!