• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Tuesnoad map & directions

Started by Carole, Aug 02, 2007, 06:50:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Where have the directions and map gone for Tuesnoad?

Can't remember exactly how to get there and might be bringing friends who will need directions too.

Carole

Mike

Good point. They've disappeared!! I know that Jeff and Miriam put the original set up so I will get in touch with them to arrange for them to go back up. Unless Rick has a copy on his old server ?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

Oops! I'll try to figure out where they've gone and re-instate them!

Here's a set: http://www.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/images/docs/dsctuesnoad.pdf

Please check it's the correct set! Date's last year, but the directions look reasonable...

Ok. Details are re-instated and updated. It's this automagical "that's over so it can go" stuff... :)

Mike

Looks good to me Rick. I keep meaning to do another set of directions, as I take the route that my TomTom takes me which in my opinion is a far simpler route.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Yes thanks, the resurrected map and directions look to be the ones we had before.  I've just realised I could use my new (2nd hand) Tom Tom if I had a street name or postcode, can any-one help with that too.

Moderator, when you get a chance do you think it would be a good idea to also put the Map and instructions on the DSC Special events page so it can be found easily (for others) and stays in the same place until physically removed.

Carole

Mike

Carole, when I get a chance I will look up what is on my TomTom and post it up. You can always ask it to navigate to a Lat/Long co-ordinate.

Tony G

Carole,

TN26 3EH, this is the postcode to the nearest building, which is the pig pens, where we store the marquee and a mountain of fire extinguisher.

Hope this helps.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Whitters

I don't need a map I've got Tone Tone :cheesy:

Carole

I'm not doing very well programming my Tom Tom to the postcode, it will only go to TN26 3xx and once I've typed it in it is asking for the street name and now I'm stuck.

I can't find a longitude and latitude option.

Maybe this is a bit out of date being a 2nd hand one.

It'll take me to Pluckey and I "think" I can remember the way from there.

Thanks for your help anyway. 

Carole

Mike

You don't need a full postcode, a partial one will do.

Rocket Pooch

Will I get my 21' caravan around those lanes?

JohnP

I'd say you should get it in OK but could be fun getting it out if it 'pisses' with rain... So when RU going to post a picture of this caravan then...

Ian

I read that as 21". I was about to make a quip about your slyph-like figure Chris.

Never mind, I'll crawl back under my rock.

Out of interest, is it roll-off roof caravan?

Rocket Pooch

No unfortunately the chassis is not a stable imaging platform therefore the roll off mod and even the done was not possible. 

Shame really.

Ok just to get a sence of scale here the van is 5.1 meters inside, longer outside.