• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Mike's Final Observing/Social Night - Tuesday 17th Feb 2015

Started by Mike, Feb 16, 2015, 10:13:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Don't forget folks that it is an Observing/Social Evening tomorrow night (Tuesday 17th).

Meet up at the Change of Horses from 7:15pm onwards and (weather permitting) we will move onto the field later on or stay in the pub for a drink and a chat.

It will be my last one as Observing Officer so it would be nice to have a drink or two to celebrate :)

See you then.

Mike
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

jpchapman

I'm not a member of the society yet (hopefully sign up on the 26th,  but if I can make it do you mind a non member coming along ??

Kenny

Yes that's perfectly fine. Hope to see you there. :)

Mike

Just another reminder for tonight.

There is a chance of clear patches so bring along some binoculars at least.

Mike
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ivor

Hoping to come along, what time do you normally stay at the pub until moving to the Beeche?

doug

Always look on the bright side of life ...

Mike

Ivor - entirely depends on when it gets dark and if it is clear. If it's clear enough to see well we will go up. If it is just patchy we often observe from the playing field opposite the pub. If it is not clear we stay in the pub.

Mike

Mike

Meteoblue is saying a very clear night so it looks like we may get a chance to go up the field for once. Bring along your wellies and warm clothes folks.

The Thing

I'm expecting a very clear night as well. But I'm not there. Shame as I enjoy observing evenings with the 'usual crowd' plus meeting new attendees. Have a half for me.

RobertM

What time are you likely to go to the field (so I can time things for a beer too) ?

Will bring the Star Adventurer along but I don't want to leave it in the car for too long.

Robert

Kenny

Mike

We will be there at approx 7:45

Robert if everyone isn't in the pub we're in the field. Vice versa if you go to the field first and the gate is locked we are in the pub.

Mike

Ivor it is clear but hazy. We are going to observe from the playing field opposite the pub.

Mike

Well that was a good turnout. We had 10 people.

We did venture out to attempt observing but it had hazed over so we ventured back into the pub instead.

Fay

would like to have come for your last night Mike, but have no wheels. glad you had a good turnout
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!