• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Astrofest buying confessions

Started by Carole, Feb 11, 2019, 14:21:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

OK, so who bought what and how many weeks of cloud are we to expect.

I didn't buy anything, but I confess to a purchase this morning that wasn't available at Astrofest.   Been admiring the Astrodon NB filters for ages, but can't justify the expense.

Baader have produced some 3.5nm Ha filters and the 1.25" has just become available it costing £210, and  Astrodon 3nm are £573. 

The Baader ones are apparently enforced (whatever that means), but I thought I'd give it a try.

Carole

julian

Ok Carole you know I bought some things that amount to no clear sky for DSC 2019 and may be 2020 so sorry to everyone. Julian

ApophisAstros

i arranged to buy from 365Astronomy (there was a guy demonstrating it from the makers in italy) a Primaluce Lab EAGLE3 S - Advanced Control Unit for Telescopes and Astrophotography, and associated cables , may get the an ECCO, environmental computerized controller for EAGLE , if i  can run to it.
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

QuoteOk Carole you know I bought some things
Ah yes, I remember it was a new scope, you did tell me what but I have forgotten.

Carole

JohnP

I bought an 'Iron on' NASA badge for my daughter Orla who accompanied me for £5 so don't blame me on clouds....

ApophisAstros

i also got a coup;e of NASA patches..
Roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Carole

What's a NASA Patch, or is it a badge or something.

Carole

ApophisAstros

Quote from: Carole on Feb 11, 2019, 18:07:56
What's a NASA Patch, or is it a badge or something.

Carole

Roger

JohnP

It's the new gadget for making your guiding better - surely you've heard of them.. ;-)