• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC 9 - 11th October

Started by Carole, Sep 22, 2015, 21:53:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

Cairds is available and so this will be our October venue.  Also the Glamping POD is available, first come first served.

I am planning to go if the weather looks suitable.

Carole

Carole

So who's coming to this?

I will come if the weather is OK.

Carole

Fay

I have booked the pod, even thought I should really test my tent!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

julian

I'm up for it  if the weather is OK.
julian

MarkS

The Thing

I'll be thinking of you all huddled in Fays Glamping Pod as the rain turns the field to slippery mud. But only 'cos I would like to be there too. Hopefully in Jan or Feb I'll be over on the right weekend, my tent is still in Beckenham :)

Duncan

Carole

So far:

Carole (Van)
Fay (POD)
Julian (Van)
Mark (Tent)

See you in early 2016 Duncan. 

Carole

Carole

There is a prospective new member called Dave Stewart who has enquired through the website about attending the next camp and Miriam passed the message on to me to answer which I tried to, also explaining to him all about the courtesy rules on white light, but neither Miriam or I seem to be able to reply to him via his message. 

I am trying to get Rick to access the message if he can, but meanwhile if you are reading this Dave, please send me a personal message via the website giving me your normal E mail address so I can reply to you. 

Carole

Rick

I've no more information than he entered in the form (and you've seen all of that) so unless it's from the DaveS on this forum...

Carole

I'll give Dave S a try, but since Dave S has been registered with OAS forum for some years I am dubious as Dave Stewart seems to be new to astronomy.

Thanks Rick for your help.

Carole

Mike

I've got other plans that weekend so can't make it. I hope to be at the November DSC though.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

Not quite sure what is happening at the November DSC Mike, some of the members seem to be doing an UDSC in memory of Mick, I myself will be at Kelling, so not sure how many people will be doing the November DSC.

Watch the forum for the November DSC.

Carole

Carole

OK I have made contact with Dave Stewart who wants to come, and given him all the white light rules.  He may be coming with other people as well, all interested in Astronomy. 

Carole (Van)
Fay (POD)
Julian (Van)
Mark (Tent)
Dave Stewart + ? 3

If any-one is able to come for dates outside of the weekend, I may come earlier/stay later if the forecast looks OK.
Any-one who snores please pitch away from the main group lol must add this to the rules. 

Carole

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Thursday weather forecast is looking the best at the moment - if it still looks good I will come on Thursday as well and maybe stay until Monday if the current forecast stays the same.

Carole