• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M45 Pleiades from High Halden

Started by mickw, Oct 06, 2011, 16:00:40

Previous topic - Next topic

mickw

Another M45
(A bit eggy top left & bottom right)

20x180 @ 800, flats, darks, bias and no clouds this time 
Burgess 91, modded, guided Canon 400D
APT, DSS, CS3 levels curves + Noel

Full size - http://gallery.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/albums/userpics/10049/M45-20x180-800.png
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Carole

Thats looking good Mick.  Sky background is a bit blue but easily fixed.
Guiding looks good but as you say the corners are a bit iffy, but otherwise very good.

I see you use Noel's actions.  I have tried to use them a couple of times but find it sometimes automatically converts the image to 8bit and I've not realised and saved losing all my 16bit data which is really annoying.  

Carole

mickw

Thanks Carole, the background gained a bit extra blue when I sampled down from Tif for some reason, I'll re-tweak it at some time  ;)

I only use noel's stuff for things I don't know how to do in PS, but there are better ways to do it.

MarkS

Lots of nice nebulosity there Mick.

Shame about the "eggy" stars - I guess some part of the imaging train is not quite square.

If it were not so blue I think you'll find there is more colour waiting to come out.

Mark

The Thing

Nice one Mick. It might be eggy but it's no yolk [groan].

mickw

Thanks for that, for some reason the red seems to have faded so I will reprocess it at some stage and try and sort the colours out.  I'm pleased with the nebulosity though.

Duncan, go and stand in the corner  ;)

Carole

QuoteI'm pleased with the nebulosity though
Yes that's very nice Mick.

Carole

JohnP

Again looks very good Mick -Lots of nebulosity showing. A quick & easy way to rebalance colours is if you select LEVELS in PS & then select the middle (Grey point) then just randomly click on different parts of the background in your image (make sure you have preview ticked). Give it a try. Cheers,  John

Fay

You are getting better all the time Mick, very nice

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!