• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Unloved and forgotten

Started by PhilB, Jan 05, 2011, 17:10:32

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilB

Whislt idling away some time waiting for the clouds to break, I decided to go back over my computer hard disc to generally clear it out. I found this image of the centre of M31:

left lurking and unloved, the result of eleven, sixty second lights at the end of a session on 29 August 2010. The camera was an Atik 320e and I think the 'scope was my 120 SW Equinox. Stacked in Deep Sky Stacker and finished in CS2. Sorry, I don't have any other details.
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Carole

Wow Phil,

That's the best one you've done, fancy forgetting you had done it.

Carole

MarkS

That's a great image Phil - very well done!  A beautiful core of M31.

You've proved you can do it - now we want to see many more!

Mark

RobertM

Excellent capture Phil, it reminds me of a similar one I did two years ago.

PhilB

Thanks everyone. I think that I'm getting on top of the processing issues at last. This clears the decks for examination other problems like tracking.
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Fay

That is a good image, Phil, have not seen it before. Did not know you had a 120 Equinox
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

PhilB

Thanks, Fay.

Yup, I've had the 120 for sometime. Still find myself using the 80mm Stellarview quite a bit however....too many 'scopes not enough mounts or cameras or.........  :roll: