• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Luna Eclipse Part one

Started by Whitters, Nov 09, 2003, 11:25:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitters

[ This Message was edited by: Whitters on 2003-11-09 03:27 ]
Moon 8th November 2003 23:31GMT 660mm f22 (220mm with 3x converter)MX916 Hi-res fast  

[ This Message was edited by: Whitters on 2003-11-09 11:37 ]

Mike

I took some video of the event from Carson City, Nevada. There was a bit of cloud around low down, but it could be seen nice and clearly. Will extract some frames when I am back in blighty.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Whitters

Good to hear from you Mike, Will look forward to seeing the video. i did manage to get some images of totality through cloud, it needed a 60second exposure to record anything. We did get one break when the colour of the moon could be made out. A very dark eclipse with a faint coppery hue.
Have you got those monster bino's yet? :grin:

Mike

Yes I have got the monster Binos. When I got them out of the box we were all in stitches because they are HUGE. They look like those binoculars you normally see in bugs bunny cartoons !! Hopefully we are going to a dark site soon to try them out.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

I look forward to seeing you pull them out of your pocket in "The Mask" stylee at the next observing evening.

I took some pictures with my digital camera, I didn't trust the weather enough to get the webcam out. They're not any good unfortunately.

Whitters