• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC4565 9x900

Started by Fay, May 04, 2013, 17:40:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Nothing riveting, but beggars cant be choosers!

9x900, QSI, cls, L filter, 0.85fr, SW120

Larger image:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/moondust/8706885163/in/photostream
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Can't believe I missed this one Fay - Think its a great shot - lovely widefield with lots of background detail - OK a little noisy but I'd be haps with that... Nice one,  John

Fay

Oh thanks John, kind of you. could not do any more as when scope points to the south, i always get a glut of egg shaped stars

mickw

Nice one Fay, is this a recent one or just getting around to process ?
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

A new one, and it is sympathetically processed.

it is the one that made me think i need a bigger scope for galaxies. Although i would like a bigger one, i am not sure i could cope with the collimating. ok if you can leave it up, but i have to take it down every time, so whereas i may have it just right, i cant leave it up & so.............................think i will stop here, while i am just about ahead

JohnP

Quotebut i have to take it down every time

well Fay surely John wouldn't mind you sticking a nice concrete observatory in the middle of your garden... I know his hobby is fishing & he thought is was OK to have a big ugly looking pond in your garden so I see no reason that as yours is astronomy you cant have a concrete observatory.... I think you need to talk to him and explain the issue you are having with your glut of egg shaped stars.. ;-)