• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Milky Way - 27th August 2016

Started by RachelC, Sep 01, 2016, 14:29:39

Previous topic - Next topic

RachelC

Hi All

This is an image of the night sky at Mark's last weekend. This was the first time I was able to use my Star Adventurer with a great deal of help from Robert. Thank you so much.
I have 10 more images and I am hoping to stack them using something like DSS but I am getting into a bit of a pickle with it so more YouTube tutorials :-)

I just wanted to share this as I was so pleased with the result.

This was using my Canon 650d with a 50mm lens. The settings were f.4, ISO 800 and a 2 minute exposure.

This will be a work in progress and I hope to upload another image when I have had some time to process it.

Many thanks

Kenny

Really impressed with the number of stars. Look forward to the final processed image. Can you show me how to use my new star adventurer? lol

The Thing

Great result for a first image with your StarAdventurer.

My StarAdventurer hasn't had many outings so I am nearly as much a beginner with it as you. I hope to be doing something like this down in the Lot & Garonne area next week, my trouble is manually focusing lenses but your stars are very sharp so obviously you've got that cracked.

RachelC

Hi Kenny
I was surprised too!
My work in progress will be a while coming I think.
The Star Adventurer was a lot easier to use than I thought (although a couple of fiddly bits) so even I may be able to remember lol

RachelC

Hi Duncan
Thank you, I was really impressed with the little gizmo.
It was you and Robert who persuaded me to buy it a couple of years ago.
I look forward to seeing your results soon.
It was fiddly with the manual focus but with Robert's help and working out live view, we sussed it. :-)

MarkS

A good start!  It will be easier next time :)

Mark

RobertM

Great start Rachel, you just need a few more clear skies to perfect your technique. 

Robert

Carole

Well done Rachel, we'll see what a bit of stacking and processing can do at the imaging session on 21st, you might have even more detail to come out than you think.

Carole

RachelC

He y'all

Thank you Mark! I do hope it will be easier next time. Looking forward to practicing :-) .

Hey Robert - Without your help my SA would still be sitting in a box! Looking forward to some more dark skies.

Carole - I am looking forward to the imaging session to learn how to get the most out of my images!

Take care
Rachel