• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Observing Session - 9th July

Started by Mike, Jul 03, 2013, 08:42:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Les R

Quote from: Mike on Jul 12, 2013, 09:21:01
Les be careful. You're scope had no mounting bar. Make sure you can screw it on. It might be easier to get one that just sticks on.

Hmmm OK

I know there are a couple of screw holes, but again, the lack of knowledge was why Id not done anything until someone who knows what they are looking at saw it!

Im at work now, but have asked for the missus to email me a photo. There are two holes which I expect are to mount the finder and are 28mm apart.

There was another on ebay that the shop has said will fit most telescopes - and gave me the screw hole distance measurements as being for between 21 and 26mm.

Hmm Not universal then!

Les R

I'm now looking at getting a Telrad based on comments I've see and attaching with sticky pads. Was this the one you were talking about Mike?

Mike

Les i've got a Telrad on mine and can highly recommend them. May be a little bulky on your scope though.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Les R

Would a Rigel be a better option? (The comments suggest its far less bulky.)

Is yours fixed with sticky pads?