• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Observing Evenings, Imaging Sessions and Deep Sky Camps - 2012 to 2013

Started by Mike, Nov 24, 2012, 15:11:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Have put all three into one post to make them easier to find:

Observing Evenings
Tuesdays 7:15pm GMT 8:15pm BST

4th December 2012
8th January
12th February
12th March
9th April
7th May
18th June (Moon watch)
9th July
6th August
3rd September
8th October
5th November
3rd December

Imaging Sessions
Starting 8pm unless stated otherwise

Saturday 15th Dec 2012 - Mark's House - Starting from mid afternoon
Friday 11th January - Mike's house
Friday 8th March - Mike's house
Friday 10th May - Mike's house
Friday 5th July - Mike's house
Friday 6th September - Mike's house
Friday 1st November - Mike's house

Deep Sky Camps

7th to 10th December 2012
8th to 10th February
5th to 7th April
7th to 9th June
2nd to 4th August
4th to 6th October
29th Nov to 1st Dec
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

JonH

Shoot for the stars, reach the tree tops!

Tony G

Jon,

What did you do to upset someone.
You go to a DSC, and suddenly they are reduced to Bi-Monthly after 53 years of Monthly camps.

WHAT DID YOU DO?????????????

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JonH

I don't know, but whatever it was and whoever to i can promice you it was totally unintentional  :cheesy:

BRING BACK MONTLY DSC!

JonH

Fay

Jon if there is a promising weekend in between, there is always someone who will be up for it.....................
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

Exactly. You can organise as many unofficial DSC's as you like.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

I won't be able to host the Imaging Session on the 10th May as I will be on a European road trip on that day. I would appreciate if somebody else could host this one so if you are willing to volunteer please let us know. Thanks.

RobertM

I can do it Mike though I will defer if Mark or anyone else with a dark sky prefers to jump in.

Robert

Mike

MarkS

Quote from: RobertM
I can do it Mike though I will defer if Mark or anyone else with a dark sky prefers to jump in.

If we can change it to Sat 11th May then you're welcome to come down to High Halden for an imaging night.

Carole

QuoteIf we can change it to Sat 11th May then you're welcome to come down to High Halden for an imaging night.
Ooooow, I'm up for that.

Carole

Fay

Mike

Mark is no longer able to host the evening on Saturday 11th May as he is off to join the French Foreign Legion.

Robert are you still willing to host it on Friday 10th May ?

RobertM

Mike

Fay

Mike

Nothing wrong with you creating a uDSC if you want. It would have to be at Blacklands though.

Fay

Mike

They are booked up till September 6th. You could call them and see if you could book after that date.