• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

July DSC - July 9th to 12th

Started by mickw, Jun 18, 2010, 08:03:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Quote from: Rick on Jul 09, 2010, 22:42:01
Hope you're getting a good view of tonight's noctilucent cloud display...

Oh yes we did. Will upload pics soon. We also saw them again at around 3.30am when the sun started to come up.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Sunset from Rother Valley DSC

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

What a great weekend! Two clear nights and fantastic weather. Those who didn't attend missed a good one.

Mick and Duncan have stayed on for another night.

Carole

A great site.  VERY hot, and excellent skies.

A couple of pictures from the camp

MarkS

Stunning sunset Fay!  The image came out really well - did you use the tripod for it?

RobertM

Have to agree, what a beautiful Sunset.

Fay

Yes Mark. I have just gone out & bought the tripod & the top bit! I took a few pictures but  I had a lot of dust on the X Nite, so should be better next time

Fay

Just found my x2 panorama. I used Julian's tripod & he advised me with the settings. I think it was ISO200, F5.4 cannot be sure yet, will check it out,  Canon 350D

Mac

Nice panorama,

One other bit of info when you are doing a panorama,
make sure you chose a manual white balance, otherwise you will get different colours between the images  as you pan the camera around.

Mac.

Mike

Yeah there is a line in the middle of that pic. What software did you use to create it ?

Fay

I can't see a line & I have looked at it blown up............................as I do a lot of these days! :lol:

PhilB

I didn't see it either, before it was pointed out. If you look you can see a light band just to the right of the picture centre. it's a good image anyway
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Fay

Blew it up really large on desktop & still cannot see the join

Mike

Look at both halves of the image, they are different in colour. Like Mac said, it lo0oks like you didn't lock down the white balance.

What software did you use?