• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Calendar Selection Night

Started by Mike, Sep 18, 2012, 13:12:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

I need to organise ASAP a night to select the images for the 2012 calendar as i'd like to have it ready by the October meeting or at least the November meeting at the latest.

If anyone would like to assist with this and has a preference for a night over the next week or two let me know please.

Thanks,

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

I quite enjoy doing this, but my availability is as follows:
Any evening this week.
WC 24/9 could do either Wednesday or Friday evening.
WC 1st October unsure.

Carole

doug

Mike... Rose and I can come over... whenever you like.  Just let us know.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

MarkS

Is it only images submitted to the OAS gallery that are considered? 
If so, I need to make lots of gallery submissions!

Carole

Mark,

Mike normally goes through the Astrophotography forum to select, so if the image is on there it will be considered.  I don't think it needs to be on the gallery.  I am in the same boat if not.  :cheesy:

Once selected he normally E Mails you for a 16bit tiff version.

Correct me if I am wrong Mike.

Carole

Mike

Yeah I normally use the forum as people tend to post all of their images there whereas the gallery tends to be just a selection.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

OK how about Wednesday 26th September from 7pm?

Carole

It's in my diary Mike.

Carole

doug

Have put it in the Diary, Mike.  Hopefully, Rose and I will be there.  Doug.

Mike

Petra just reminded me we were doing something that night  :oops:

Can we make it next Wednesday, 3rd October instead?

MarkS

That would suit me better - I should be able to make it.  Having meetings on both 26 and 27 September was a bit of a problem.

RobertM

I can also make the 3rd October so see you there.

Robert

Carole

I can make that evening as well.  7pm as before?

Carole

doug

Have changed the date, Mike. 3rd October is okay with us.  Doug.

Mike

OK, 3rd October it is. From 7pm.

See you all then.

Thanks,

Mike