• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M51 Whirlpool Galaxy

Started by Fay, Apr 12, 2008, 19:07:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Last night I did this image. It was 9x300 secs, SX via ED80 cls filter, guiding DMK via WO ZS66.
I only had time to do 10 images due to cloud. I left out one of the images. The guiding is showing slight trailing, but today I re did the image omitting 2 of the subs taken in cloud & the guiding was quite good. It really needed double the subs, but I was happy that all was ok.

Don't like putting large images on, it is like sleep walking & going outside & realising you have no clothes on!     If you know what I mean.

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

QuoteDon't like putting large images on, it is like sleep walking & going outside & realising you have no clothes on!     If you know what I mean.

Sorry Fay - lost me....  :-?

Nice image by the way - like you say could do with a lot more subs... shows good promise though & glad everything works after your disaster yesterday....

Fay

Thanks John.

I have a weird sense of humour

MarkS

That's a good start Fay.  Get some more luminance data then some RGB and you'll have yourself a great image.

Mark

Fay

Thanks Mark, yes I would like to carry on with it & get more data.

Tony G

Nice Image Fay, ;)

Glad there were no serious problems with the mount, so keep them images coming.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

That is kind of you Tony. I will add to it when weather allows. 

RobertM

Hi Fay,  Very nice image, well done.  I'm starting to realize just how difficult that Galaxy is to image.

Robert (NOT MarkS or anyone else !)

Fay

Thanks ROBERT, I want to carry on with it, trouble is, with hardly any good nights, all the things we want to do, are mounting up!!!!!!

Could be a couple of good nights this week.

RobertM

FAY, tell me about it ! I missed a good one last night and my kit is in bits so need to get home early tomorrow and put it back together jic.  On the plus side I'm now 3' down for the pier, only another 18" to go !

Fay

I didn't realise it was a good night last night.

RobertM

It was predicted to be clear after midnight and I woke to a clear blue sky.