• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Getting started - Choosing software and a webcam

Started by Delphine, Oct 15, 2007, 16:56:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Delphine

Many thanks Ian.  However as you suggest I will practice with the software as it is at the moment - I don't want to confuse myself too much!!

Carole

Well done Delphine, we seem to be at roughly the same point, except you've done some reading up on the subject and I haven't had time to do that as yet, it's difficult to fit everything in when you work full time.  Perhaps we should keep in touch with each other and compare notes.

Ian, did you lend Delphine a video to play around with on Registax and if so, could I perhaps borrow it too when Delphione has finished with it.  I haven't yet downloaded registax, but I probably will.

Carole

Ian

that's no problem Delphine, if you get a final image, post it and we see how you're getting on. If it's better than mine you can the teach me what you did.

It'll work with registax as well Carole, so feel free...

Delphine

Hi Ian

I have been using your saturn avi to play around with registax and KCCD but am not sure if I have sussed it correctly.  You have told me a couple of times that there is a  website which explains [in simple terms] how to use the imaging software.  Unfortunately I can't find it on the forums - please can you point me in the right direction. 

Many thanks.
Delphine

Ian

This is the site. He's got loads of tutorials about all sorts of stuff. He's a dutch guy called Jan Timmermans who is something of a key player in the QCUIAG group.

http://www.thefirmament.nl/

Delphine

Many thanks Ian - this site looks really useful