• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Imaging Session Sat 1 Oct

Started by MarkS, Sep 27, 2011, 07:37:16

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

Here are the arrangements for the imaging session at Mark's (High Halden) on Sat 1 Oct.

Please let me know if you plan to come so we know rough numbers for food.  But if it ends up being cloudy, don't feel under any obligation - there's no point making the long journey for nothing.  Depending on numbers, you may need to park in the cul-de-sac after dropping off your equipment.

You are welcome to come to do imaging or observing or just to watch.  Bring a red light so you can see where you are going in the darkness.  It is very likely that some interested neighbours will also come along.

You may arrive at any time that suits you from 3pm onwards.  If you wish to stay overnight then bring a sleeping bag, lilo and pillow - you can kip down in one of the rooms.  By the way, the bathrooms are all fitted out and working now.

Like last time, Dee will cook a chilli which we'll eat just before sunset (18:30 BST).  Also, we'll have bacon sandwiches (or similar) for breakfast.  I might even do a midnight BBQ in darkness like last time!

Mains electricity is available - please bring your own cable reel plus an RCD for safety.

The swimming pool is also restored now.  I'll heat it, so if you fancy a dip (whatever the weather) bring swimming clothing plus a towel.

Work is just beginning on the new conservatory - hopefully this will not result in too much disruption.

The moon is 24% and will set at 20:41 BST, so it will not cause any disruption to imaging.

PM me if you need my address or mobile number. 

I hope that covers everything.

Mark

RobertM

Sounds great, looks like good weather too 8)

JohnP

Hi Mark,

I really appreciate your kind invitation to attend your Imaging Session but unfortunately, I will not be able to make it this weekend. Hope it all goes well & those that attend grab some good images.

Cheers again,  John

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

I'll be there Mark, but I don't have an RCD. Will be using 2 x extensions leads.
Unless I could borrow the reel you lent me last time again.

Must catch up on some sleep before then. ;)

Carole

MarkS

Weather forecast is looking good, though some possibility of mist before dawn.

Wi-fi access is now available throughout the garden.

Some red lights are installed downstairs to preserve night vision.

Pool water temperature is currently 26C - it should reach 28-29C this afternoon.

Looking forward to seeing you later.

Mark

doug

Looking forward to this, Mark.  Won`t be imaging but we can watch what the clever people are doing and absorb the knowledge.... we hope.  See you later on.

Rose and Doug.  :)
Always look on the bright side of life ...

RobertM

Yes look forward to seeing you tonight - should be there around 5pm'ish.

Robert

Carole

QuoteWi-fi access is now available throughout the garden.

Some red lights are installed downstairs to preserve night vision.

Pool water temperature is currently 26C - it should reach 28-29C this afternoon.

Wow, you are spoiling us Mark.

See you there.

Carole

julian

Thanks to you and Dee for the invite. Will definitely be there.  

Julian

Mike

Sounds great. I'll see you around 5pm also.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

doug

A big " thank you" from Rose and I for a brilliant day ... and evening`s observing.  Thanks to Dee for the wonderful grub; she has made one of the best chilli`s that we have tasted .... and to you both for your hospitality.  A terrific place that you live.  The dark skies could have been better but it got very hazy, and my little scope decided to "dew up", plus all my star charts which I had left open.....

If you have another imaging and observing session in the future, and the weather is `ot and sunny...... swimming shorts may be in order.......

Rug and Dose.   :D
Always look on the bright side of life ...

mickw

Excellent evening again Mark and thanks to you and Dee for hosting it.
Great location, great food and great company.

Duncan even bought his box of gremlins down and shared them out accordingly, thanks  :-?
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mike

A big thanks to Mark and Dee for a great weekend and superb hospitality.

RobertM

Yes many thanks to Dee and Mark for being excellent hosts and company together with putting up with the multitude that turned up.  A really great chilli and baked spuds followed by a midnight barbecure and breakfast.  I'm not quite sure how much imaging was done but I think we all had a really great time helped by the weather and clear skies.

Duncan - gremlins  :roll:
Robert