• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Members Evening - Thursday 25th August

Started by Ian, Aug 15, 2011, 23:46:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

Tony has dropped me a note to say that there is still a 20 minute slot for this month's members evening without a speaker.

Would someone like to fill it with something? If not, I have a 20 minute slide presentation of telegraph poles I've known and loved.

Tony G

by Tony Gaynor

Ian,

I know you don't have this one ;), as I was going to enter this into the Royal Observatory's 'Astronomy Photographer of the Year 2011' due to it having sky in it, but thought to myself that the judges would be looking for astronomical images, and not nice scenery, so didn't bother...............................How wrong was I. I could have won it. :D

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Rick

Quote from: Ian on Aug 15, 2011, 23:46:50
Tony has dropped me a note to say that there is still a 20 minute slot for this month's members evening without a speaker.

That's twenty minutes more to natter during the coffee break, then...

Mike

Yeah, we don't have to have a talk for those 20 minutes. Make it a social 20 mins.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

Ok, had a note from Tony Sizer, he may not be able to attend due to family commitments, so that means we have 2 20 minute slots free. Do we want 40 of tea drinking or does anyone have something they could about?

Delphine, could you send out an email to the mailing list accordingly? Make sure the membership is as informed as possible. Thanks.

Mike

So how many speakers and for what times do we have at the moment?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

Tony organises all this usually, but I understood that Carole was doing a piece, and then Tony was.

The third 20 minute slot was never filled, hence the longer tea break. I'm going to extend my bit and Mick could you do a longer obs report/members images, particularly as we didn't get one last month?

Carole

QuoteMick could you do a longer obs report/members images, particularly as we didn't get one last month?
Perhaps you could do "catch up" on the images that weren't shown last meeting. 

My talk is only about 20 minutes long (you'll probably have had enough by then!!)  :cheesy:

Carole

Carole

Couldn't an Imager do a demo on the kit needed and how it is set up.  We have a lot of new members who might be interested. 

Carole

Mac

Carole

Yes I knew some-one would say that, but I'm already doing a talk, don't want to hog the limelight.

Carole

doug

If Mick is doing a longer spot than usual, could you ask him to speak up a bit, please.  I am not the only person at the back who has difficulty in hearing what he is trying to say..........   :lol:

Doug. :!

Always look on the bright side of life ...

The Thing

Quote from: doug on Aug 24, 2011, 09:09:17
If Mick is doing a longer spot than usual, could you ask him to speak up a bit, please.  I am not the only person at the back who has difficulty in hearing what he is trying to say..........   :lol:

Doug. :!

Try sitting down the front then!

Mike

I have to agree that even I find it difficult to hear you sometimes Mick and my ears are fine. I think it's cos you are looking down or at the screen rather than at the audience.

mickw

I agree with Duncan, all the trouble makers down the front  :lol:

mumble mumble
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mac

QuoteI have to agree that even I find it difficult to hear you sometimes Mick and my ears are fine. I think it's cos you are looking down or at the screen rather than at the audience.

Easily fixable.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HANDHELD-PA-MEGAPHONE-LOUD-HAILER-VOICE-AMP-SPEAKER-60W-/230661520732?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Amplifiers&hash=item35b47f7d5c

Mac.

Tony G

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Ha ha ha

Well I thought  it was a great night, two good talks, a few old faces turned up, enjoyed it. Oh and also, Tony Sizer makes me laugh, always sharp!!!!!!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!