• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Observing Dates for 2010

Started by Mike, Jan 08, 2010, 16:00:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Hi its Nigel again.  Can't believe it was February when I met you all in the Coach and Horses! Have not managed to log in recently but am hoping to get down to the Coach and Horses again tomorrow - hope that's OK?  Look forward to seeing you all again and hoping for a clearer sky than tonight!!

Mike

Look forward to seeing you again.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Don't forget (i.e. the Observing Officer) that there is an Observing Session tonight.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

PhilB

See you there, but I don't think we're going to do much astronomy tonight.  :roll:
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Mike

Ahh well. It is a pub we meet in ;)

doug

And what happens ..............

when we come out of the pub ..... the skies are beautifully clear.  Ain`t that Sods Law !!!!

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

mickw

Reminder tonight 7 Dec - Observing/Drinking - usual details
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

doug

Who managed to get to the Change of Horses for the drinking observing session last night ?????  Our car was stuck, as we couldn`t get down our small, very ice rink style hill??

Hope you made it, Mick, and lots of other peeble as well.  Let`s hope that it clears before the Christmas meeting as we don`t want to miss that.  Thought of you having an Abbot and I missed my pinta Harvey`s.

Oh, well ...............  :beer:

Doug. And Rose.
Always look on the bright side of life ...