• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Observing Dates for 2010

Started by Mike, Jan 08, 2010, 16:00:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

For those of you that did not purchase a Calendar (shame on you!) these are the Observing Dates for 2010. All dates are on a Tuesday night :-

12th January
16th February
16th March
13th April
11th May
15th June
13th July
10th August
7th September
5th October
9th November
7th December
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Don't forget - Observing session tomorrow night starting at 7:15
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

To those that were in the pub tonight you will know what I mean...

The software I was trying to think of was LogMeIn :-

http://www.logmein.com/

p.s. Where were those of you that said you were coming tonight???

Fay

I forgot, Mike, did not look at calendar, did anyone turn up?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

:surprised:

Yes there were 5 of us. We even got free cheese and ham rolls :)

mickw

Will whoever has the gate key please bring it tonight (16/3/10)

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mike

Jim took mine. I'll send him an email to ask if he is coming tonight.

mickw

mickw

Just in case nobody realises - it is summer  :roll: - that means 18:15 in Change of horses

I however will not be there, but I am alive and will be home tomorrow.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fay

Mick so glad you are in working mode, you have missed the hottest days of the year!  Glad you are on the mend, you are doing well!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rick

Quote from: mickw on Apr 11, 2010, 19:59:16Just in case nobody realises - it is summer  :roll: - that means 18:15 in Change of horses

Err... 8:15pm or 20:15 if you're military about it... ;)

PhilB

Thanks, Rick, I was wondering 'cos it still says 7:15 PM on the website
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Rick

Website tweaked. I was guessing, as it's sometimes not just summer time that affects the start time. Late September and October observing evenings sometimes start at 7:15(-ish) even though they're still in summer time territory...

mickw

QuoteErr... 8:15pm or 20:15 if you're military about it... 

Doh !!!!!
Sorry, Freudian Slip, was hoping for more time in the pub  ;)

mickw

Just a reminder -

Observing Evening Tuesday 11th May - Meet at the Change of Horses 8:15pm

Nige

Hi its Nigel again.  Can't believe it was February when I met you all in the Coach and Horses! Have not managed to log in recently but am hoping to get down to the Coach and Horses again tomorrow - hope that's OK?  Look forward to seeing you all again and hoping for a clearer sky than tonight!!

Mike

Look forward to seeing you again.

Mike

Don't forget (i.e. the Observing Officer) that there is an Observing Session tonight.

mickw

PhilB

See you there, but I don't think we're going to do much astronomy tonight.  :roll:
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein

Mike

Ahh well. It is a pub we meet in ;)

doug

And what happens ..............

when we come out of the pub ..... the skies are beautifully clear.  Ain`t that Sods Law !!!!

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

mickw

Reminder tonight 7 Dec - Observing/Drinking - usual details

doug

Who managed to get to the Change of Horses for the drinking observing session last night ?????  Our car was stuck, as we couldn`t get down our small, very ice rink style hill??

Hope you made it, Mick, and lots of other peeble as well.  Let`s hope that it clears before the Christmas meeting as we don`t want to miss that.  Thought of you having an Abbot and I missed my pinta Harvey`s.

Oh, well ...............  :beer:

Doug. And Rose.
Always look on the bright side of life ...