• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Christmas Meeting - Thursday 17th Dec

Started by Mike, Dec 15, 2009, 13:15:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon E

I don't know what the problem was, i found it easy getting home, driving through the country lanes with the snow falling, it was lovely.

Oh yep in a Suzuki Grand Vitara in Low 4 wheel Drive mode. :twisted:

si
SW 130DPS reflector main imaging scope, SWST80 refractor Guide scope, HEQ5 Mount with syncscan
ZWO ASI 120MC 1/3" colour camera Guide camera, Nikon D5100 + D3100 Imaging cameras

Fay

Well, I was ok in my Jeep. Thought I would not go up the little hilly lane to Farnborough, but kept to main roads, Along the lower road I could hardly see where I was going because of the blizzard................................same up the main road
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

Saw a Landrover on the back of a truck this morning, looked like it had hit a lamp post - very hard  :o

V shaped dent right through the middle of the bonnet - Oh dear  :(
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Sue

I thought the meeting was great fun and pleased everyone above (and I hope all others too ) made it home safely. I would like to add my thanks to Tony for setting the quiz

Gladys and I eventually made it back to Sevenoaks. Having snowballs lobbed at the car near Knockholt station wasn't much fun and decending Polhill was interesting! My scariest drive ever! I abandoned the car at Gladys' house and walked back up the hill to dig it out at lunchtime!

doug

If the Fuel is not a factor

Get yourself a Chelsea Tractor

Driving in the snow is funny,

I`ll get there so what`s the hurry??

Two wheel drive is not so clever

in this awful, pretty weather.   :twisted:
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Delphine

Yes a very enjoyable evening.  Thanks for the quiz Tony.   I was wondering about you Sue having to drive to Sevenoaks - glad you made it in one piece!

Carole

Another very enjoyable quiz.  Many thanks Tony for organising it.

Carole