• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Christmas Meeting - Thursday 17th Dec

Started by Mike, Dec 15, 2009, 13:15:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Don't forget it is our final meeting of 2009 on Thursday. This is the Xmas Meeting so there is no talk, it will be a social night including a quiz hosted by Tony Sizer. The usual drinks and xmas nibbles will be there and please bring along something of your own to share. If you haven't been before, the Xmas Meeting is very casual and the quiz is a good laugh.

See you there!

:D
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

Quotea quiz hosted by Tony Sizer

I thought it was Tony G  :o

I've been weeks reading up on cider and beer, well testing anyway  :lol:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

Thanks a lot Tony for organising the quiz. Everyone seemed to have enjoyed it.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

Yes, well done Tony. Good quiz and a good fun night.

What was also fun was the adventurous amongst us driving home from the pub afterwards. :D

mickw

Yep, well done a good fun quiz   :D

And an interesting drive home  :o
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Ian

hmm, unfamiliar, large, rear wheel drive car in the snow, at night.

Mick, you're right. Should have had that beer or many and camped in the horses lounge.

Gatwick tomorrow? don't think so. Working from home day tomorrow...

Rick

Yeah, large rear-wheel-drive vehicles are not the best in the slippery stuff. Hope your drive home wasn't too exciting...

Mike

Mine was, but mainly because I was trying to see how far it carried on going when I stamped on the anchor :D

Just had fun looking out the window watching a guy in a BMW trying to drive up the road but mainly going backwards and sideways instead. He gave up after 10 mins, got out and left it.

Rick

Quote from: Mike on Dec 18, 2009, 00:39:52He gave up after 10 mins, got out and left it.

That'll be something for the snowplough to crunch in the morning*1, then...

*1 Of course, if he's lucky, and it's not a day for flying pigs, then the snowplough won't turn up. ;)

Mac

QuoteThat'll be something for the snowplough to crunch in the morning

unless he was the man who was supposed to be driving the snow plough.

hmmm, 4 wheel drive jeep,  fun fun fun.
Just spent the last 20 mins playing in sainsburys carpark.

Mike

Quote from: Mac on Dec 18, 2009, 04:50:26hmmm, 4 wheel drive jeep,  fun fun fun.

I thought you had a Nissan?

doug

Great evening, great company and an adventurous and unsuccessful drive home.  Had to park 100 yards form the house; car would NOT get up the small hill where we live sooooooo ...... parked it down the road.

Still, apart from that, it was a very entertaining evening.  Thanks, Tony, great quiz.

Rose and Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

RobertM

QuoteI thought you had a Nissan?

Don't you mean DATSUN  :)

Mac

yup Nissan Navara,

i suppose truck would have been better then jeep.