• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Lack of Group tent for DSC

Started by Ian, Nov 18, 2008, 22:57:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

I have just had a thought..... 8).....

As long as the mice haven't nibbled it, I still have the outer tent to my old large blue tent. The only reason I bought a new one was because the inner sleeping compartments had been nibbled by mice.

I will see if it is still in the garage and still in one piece. If it is, the society can have it and i will bring it along on Friday. I reckon 30 people could fit in it at a squeeze ( I parked the Citroen C5 inside it once) and it's dead easy to put up.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

Even a tent with holes is better than no tent  :)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Ian

particularly if we've got a tarp to lob over it...

Mike

As long as it hasn't been nibbled it will be watertight, it was a good quality tent.

I will check it and if it is OK I will bring it along on Friday.

Tony - Do we have the ali box to put it in yet? if so, we can leave it there.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Tony G

Mike,

I didn't pursue the box, as we didn't have a tent to put in it. :-?

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

Mike

Are you still able to get one for us?

Mike

OK it is now 12:38. I am leaving in about 30 mins. See you there :)