• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M13 Hercules, 100511

Started by Fay, May 11, 2011, 12:28:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Well, have had a lot of problems, as usual, lately. I plugged everything into my 13 x port adaptor, but nothing liked it, it was ok the other night. So, put everything back directly into the laptop. Used EQMOD, but the gamepad is not working, is not connecting to laptop. So, used the NSEW buttons instead. Still waiting for my handset to come back from Optical Vision.

This was 18x300, QSI 583ws, SW120 Equinox, 0.8 fr, cls filter. L, darks, flats, bias.
I was happy with how the QSI performed, the hot pixels which are usually very obvious, seemed to have gone, last night. I was interested to try it out, as Chris sorted the correct distance between the FR & chip,  at DSC.

I would have done RGB, but they are on the other filter wheel & I could not be bothered to undo the QSI & change the filters around. I have the HA , OIII & SII in there ready for nebulae. 

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

I would have done RGB, but they are on the other filter wheel & I could not be bothered

..... couldn't be bothered - call yourself an astrophotographer - I don't know........

Great image though - Lovely widefield - Anychance of a full size crop of just the cluster.

Thks,  John

Fay

Cropped

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

OK, now can we have the colour please   :D
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Carole

QuoteOK, now can we have the colour please
:cheesy:

Fay I sympathise with you over the filters, I don't know how you guys have the patience to change filters and do a set of coloured subs for each colour and then do flats for each, and then have to process it all.  I have decided if I go down the CCD route it will be a one shot colour cooled CCD. 

Well done on the image BTW.  Looking forward to the colour version.

Carole