• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Eagle nebula HaGB Les Granges

Started by Rocket Pooch, Oct 27, 2010, 18:56:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hello,

I had a stab at processing the Eagle from Les Granges in HaGB, what a git, I had to do two multi layer brighness masks to dull down the middle.  Anyway here it is.

I still need to remove two airplanes...

Eagle-HaGB-L-4 by chrissuddell, on Flickr

The Thing

Fantastic colour! This is a stunner. Makes my processing look like finger painting!

Carole

That's seriously smooth and noiseless. 

Carole

MarkS

Nicely framed, a good widefield and I like the colours.

The stars still have a bit of colour fringing - is that an alignment problem?

Mark

Rocket Pooch

Hi Mark,

There's three small issues with this image, a) there is some rotation and I did not align on the outer stars, b) my guiding was not brill because it was right near the hill and it was windy where I was, all the other poofs were down the bottom, c) its not calibrated properly, this was taken at -20c 6 and 10 minutes, I don't have these calibration frame.

I could very simply fix the stars by highlighting then and applying a gaussian blurr and desaturate them.

But its ok, not perfect but I like it, when I get the calibration frames I'll do it again.

Chris

Rocket Pooch

Mark,

Are you mainly talking about the stars in the middle on full res, if so I'll remove that layer it will fix it, it looks like I sharpened it too much.

Chris

Tony G

Great image Chris (and with my extension lead) :roll:
Quote from: Rocket Pooch on Oct 27, 2010, 23:04:22
my guiding was not brill because it was right near the hill and it was windy where I was, all the other poofs were down the bottom.

This was your choice to sit on your own, in the dark, and play with your equipment. ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Carole

Chris whats the details on this, subs, exposure etc etc.

MarkS

I was thinking more about the outer stars.

RobertM

That's a great capture Chris, lots of nebulosity showing and noise free, can't tell on the detail because of the jpg but it looks very good.  If I could be a little critical, and perhaps this is my monitor here at work, it looks a little salmon to me.

Robert

Daniel

That's a lovely image Chris, maybe just a tad overcooked in the centre, might be able to bring some more detail out on the pillars with a bit less stretching

Daniel
:O)

Rocket Pooch

Point taken, still looking at Fay's photo though, hmmmm Salmon pink!.......

Whitters

That is nice chris, great structural detail, though I would agree that it does look a tad pink.