• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

A Short Monkey...

Started by RobertM, Feb 15, 2009, 15:29:39

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

Another Friday 13th image under sorry skies.  Lots of LP and woes with new guide scope meant I only caught 5 x 10min of Ha and 2 x 10 mins OIII unguided.  Will do this better if the weather improves before it's below the horizon for the year.  This is combined as an RGB image from Ha+OIII+OIII

Fay

Gosh, Robert, if that is a bad image, I'm a monkeys uncle!!!! Unguided as well!!!!!!!! Amazing, so crisp & in focus
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

Thanks Fay, but it deserves more than I've done here.  It's rarely imaged but it's quite bright and looks really good in narrowband (which I can complete now I have a SII filter).   Just need a bit of the right weather :(

Daniel

Awesome Image, Wonderfully smooth and loads of nice detail in there, might have to give this one a bash myself when i get the mount back up and running :)

Daniel
:O)

JohnP

That's a great start Robert - Colours look very saturated.. Nice one - John

Rocket Pooch

Mac

MarkS

Quote from: Daniel
.. might have to give this one a bash myself when i get the mount back up and running

What are you doing to your mount?

Mark

MarkS

Robert,

That's coming along nicely and very well framed.  A bit more data and that will be a terrific image.

Mark

Daniel

Quote from: MarkS on Feb 16, 2009, 05:44:48

What are you doing to your mount?

Mark

Hi Mark, My CGE RA is siezing up right now, when it's at the 6 O'Clock position I can hear the gears struggling, it used to not be a problem but mounting the C14 has made it worse and last time I took it out it wouldn't move enough to do an alignment! :(

Daniel
:O)

MarkS

Daniel,

That's terrible news.  I hope you get it sorted quickly without too much expense. 

Mark