• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

IC443 (The Jellyfish) in Ha

Started by RobertM, Jan 06, 2016, 22:46:36

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

First for quite a while this, processing is a bit rusty as is dealing with bias, darks and flats...

25 x 20mins Ha filter guided using an OAG on the RH200.

Full size:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1523/23922460280_2c4a5a7637_o.jpg

Hope you like.

Yes I do intend to do OIII (weak signal) and SII (strong signal).

Robert

MarkS

That is beautiful!  So much detail.

Great image.

Mark

Carole

Very nice FOV, and very nice image and processing.

Carole

JohnP

Very nice Robert - must be good to actually have some data to process. Out of interest when did you take this? Thks, John

Carole

I just remembered processing my Jellyfish and I remember there were some areas that could easily get burnt out if you were not careful with the processing, so this is nicely controlled.

Carole

julian

That's a very nice image
Robert

Ivor

Lovely detail, when did you start this? It must have taken a while capture 25 x20mins with the weather as it is.

RobertM

Thanks for all the positive comments.  The data was captured over the nights of 31/12/2015 and 3/1/2016, most of it on the first night.

Robert

JohnP

well looks like you could potentially add to it tonight if you wanted...? fingers crossed.. John

Fay

Extremely nice Robert, such clarity and focus
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

The Thing

Excellent image Robert. Amazing detail and range of tones. The top of the 'body' has filaments reminiscent of a part of the Veil as shown in Decembre 'Astronomie' magazine (a Hubble jobby).

MarkS

The more I look at it, the better it gets!

Mark