• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Bern at Modern Astronomy

Started by Mike, Aug 01, 2006, 00:34:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Bern at Modern Astronomy has offered OAS Society members a discount on any items ordered from him. He says shop around and get a price then come to him and in most cases he will beat or at least match the price. Further discounts if you collect.

http://www.modernastronomy.com/

I ordered a new tripod for my EQ6 and by the time i got home I had an email to say it was on the way and would probably be able to collect the next day. The next day i was able to go collect!! Very quick and great service. Also, NO other dealer was able to get just the legs on their own.

If anyone wants me to collect anything if you make an order thats fine. He lives just a few miles from where I work.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Bern has a 12" Revelation Dobsonian he is offering to OAS members for £439 if anyone is interested (£30 cheaper than Telescope House).

He has also got a few Explorer 130m's at £159 for beginners or as portable instruments.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan