• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Free red laptop screen

Started by mickw, Nov 10, 2009, 09:09:15

Previous topic - Next topic

mickw

Oh great, I buy red acrylic, cut it to size - then I find this............................... :roll:

http://www.aquiladigital.us/darkadapted/index.html

A little program that adjusts the the screen colors to red, or anything else really.
When you close the program everything reverts to normal (so it needs to be run minimised)

Works on PC and Mac and it's free  8)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Ian

looks interesting, but it's worth considering that the colour rendition of an lcd screen changes with viewing angle. You might well still be showing white light out to the sides of your laptop screen ;)

mickw

I'm only trying to save MY night vision  :twisted:

Worth checking though

JohnP

Got me excited there for a second Mick - I saw the words FREE LAPTOP....... for some reason my brain auto blanked the words red & screen........   :lol:

Looks like it could be a useful prog though...

Cheers,  John

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

The Thing

Been using it for a while, it was on a Sky at Night CD.

Trouble with these programs is they only work well with software that is written to use Microsoft system colours for all their elements. A lot of software use their own colour settings so this type of program can't change them to red versions of the colour. So you open up something and suddenly there is a big patch of bright white on your nice red screen.

Mike

Exactly. You can't beat a piece of red perspex with some velcro spots on the corners.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Carole

Quoteummm... donuts.....
Yes, Mike, you've developed a passion for changing your Avatar every day. 

Can't keep up with it!!!

Carole

Carole

PS:  I expect by the time any-one reads this, Mike will have changed his Avatar again and no-one will know what John and I are talking about!!!

Carole

Mike

if you have been following my avatar changing closely you will figure out what it means ;)
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Tony G

Mike,

Can you start again, I missed one!  :-?

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

JohnP

Quoteif you have been following my avatar changing closely you will figure out what it means

Sorry..... Not that sad...!

mickw

There's obviously a subliminal message there because I have an uncontrolable urge to drink beer  :o

I'm impressed  :lol:

Mike

Quote from: JohnP on Nov 11, 2009, 15:06:10
Quoteif you have been following my avatar changing closely you will figure out what it means

Sorry..... Not that sad...!

:cheesy:

:boom: :baa:

Rick

Someone ate the donut? It didn't last long... ;)

mickw

QuoteIt didn't last long...

They never do  :(