• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Nikon moon

Started by doug, Nov 11, 2016, 10:07:03

Previous topic - Next topic

doug

Another amateur attempt by me......

Always look on the bright side of life ...

Carole

Its really good doug, how many shots of it did you take, you can stack them in Registax for an even cleaner/sharper result.

Looking at the enlarged version looks like there was a little bit of wobble, did you press the shutter or have a remote?   

Carole

Mike

If you don't have a remote then use the timer function and set it for 5 seconds.

As Carole says, you need to stack several images to get a clean image. Dead easy to do with Deep Sky Stacker.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Roy

Deep Sky Stacker is also a free download off the Internet.

Roy

doug

It was just one exposure with the lens set at 2000mm. I haven`t stacked it because of the one shot and thanks for the information about the Deep Sky Stacker, Roy .... I will download that. I used the timer on the Nikon; didn`t start the exposure until two seconds had passed.

Thanks all for the favourable comments, much appreciated.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Carole

Isn't Deep Sky Stacker only for DS objects, it needs stars to latch onto.

Carole

Mike

Yeah true. Use Autostakkert 2.

Don't use Registax, it is old and hasn't been updated for years.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan