• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DMK will not connect

Started by Fay, Oct 27, 2009, 17:34:24

Previous topic - Next topic

mickw

If I remember rightly, your SX lead was looking a bit mangled, did you try a new USB lead ?

I get a feeling your DMK lead may also be mangled
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

Have not heard from Mike yet
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Simon E

Fay,

have you got another computer you can install it on?

si
SW 130DPS reflector main imaging scope, SWST80 refractor Guide scope, HEQ5 Mount with syncscan
ZWO ASI 120MC 1/3" colour camera Guide camera, Nikon D5100 + D3100 Imaging cameras

Fay

I have put it on desktop. It worked but now it won't so seems similar. I have read that if there is a yellow triangle, BIOS may need updating, but must not download wrong version. The camera must need this update, as b oth computers are not liking it.
I have not used it for quite a while. It worked intermittant, today on both computers.

Simon E

I take it you installed the right drivers for the right operating system,  has the DMK website got any updated drivers etc.

si
SW 130DPS reflector main imaging scope, SWST80 refractor Guide scope, HEQ5 Mount with syncscan
ZWO ASI 120MC 1/3" colour camera Guide camera, Nikon D5100 + D3100 Imaging cameras

Fay

Well I did update a driver from DMK, but it made no difference.

Mac

looks like you need a visit

Fay

Mac, I would love a visit

mickw

I think he meant by the men in white coats  :twisted:

Mike

Fay - Busy as **** so haven't looked at your camera yet.

Have a spare 27 milliseconds tonight so will fit it in then.

:D
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Thanks Mike.

MIck, had this answer from Imagingsource, DMK cameras.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your email. I would like to install the camera's driver again. Reinstalling IC
Capture does not change anything on device detection, but may be Windows has removed the camera's
driver. The driver is located on the CD ROM that came with your camera. Alternatively you can
download the driver from http://www.astronomycameras.com/en/support/downloads/

If the correct driver is installed, but the camera has a "Code 10" in the Device Manager, then I
suggest to try another USB cable. Often low quality USB cables cause a "Code 10" error.

In case the camera did not run the computer before, i.e. it is first time connected to the
computer, please make sure, the computer has an USB 2.0 HighSpeed port. If I did know your computer
model, I checked this on my own.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have tried new cable, downloaded drivers but windows says it is from Unknown Publisher & does not like it. Probably why it is not installing hardware properly, & I keep getting the warning, do I want to run it.

I hate to be going on about this but it is driving me nuts!!!!!! I am willing to pay if someone can sort it out for me.

mickw

QuoteUnknown Publisher

It's not that "Driver Signing" thingy where windows sulks if it hasn't "approved" the driver  :roll:
When the message comes up, you should have an option to install it anyway - do it !

If I'm right, the instructions should have told you to do this (sorry to mention the "I" word in mixed company)

Fay

Mike

Did you delete the device from the Device Manager before carrying out a reboot and reinstall?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay