• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC October

Started by Carole, Oct 06, 2012, 14:17:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

morgan computing have some. They have refurbished Lenovo machines, I've always been impressed by those.

MarkS

Managed to install all I needed on my backup laptop in time to do a full night's imaging last night :-)

Carole

I'll tell you the reason now why I didn't come to DSC last weekend.  

Wasn't that well - getting chest and left shoulder pains - ended up taking myself to A&E to get checked out as I was worried about angina - or worse.  Luckily all the tests were negative, but I still had the pain which they put down to indigestion caused by all the stress of my mum over the last six months.

But I wasn't convinced of that diagnosis as the position of the pain and no relation to food, and took myself to the GP again today who I think has sussed it out.  
A form of Costrochondritis.  For the layman that's inflammation in the cartilage in between the ribs and in my case also between the collar bone and left shoulder joint.  Very painful.  

I think lifting my NEQ6 is not going to do it any good so it's lucky I don't have to move it that often.  Will take about 2 months to recover.  But off to the Isle of Wight on Thursday, so will have to grit my teeth, weather forecast looks crap though.

Carole

Fay

well hope you recover soon Carole. i also have a lot of back & hand pains, i also think due to lifting all the equipment, and doing the knobs up etc
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Quote from: Carole
A form of Costrochondritis.  

Glad it's nothing serious.  It's not related to the injuries caused by that cyclist is it?

Carole

QuoteIt's not related to the injuries caused by that cyclist is it?
No Mark, it's the other shoulder.  Doctor thinks it might be affected as I could be using it more in compensation though.

Carole

mickw

Probably too much sleeping on the couch  ;)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Tony G

Quote from: Carole on Oct 15, 2012, 20:34:15
I get undressed properly once I've switched off.

I thought the idea was to get undressed properly once you were turn on...........................sorry about that. :oops:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Carole

Rocket Pooch

Quote from: Carole on Oct 16, 2012, 12:11:45

A form of Costrochondritis.  For the layman that's inflammation in the cartilage in between the ribs and in my case also between the collar bone and left shoulder joint.  Very painful.  

If you think that's bad wait until you have that, then add in arthritis in all the joints in your hands, elbows, feet (big toes especially) and knees.  That's been my word for the last year or 10.  Hurts dunnit!

Fay

Chris did not know you had all these pains!

Jon, are you related to Einstein? :o
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

Quote from: Fay on Oct 16, 2012, 23:26:02
Chris did not know you had all these pains!

Yip

Carole

Hi Chris, yes it does hurt, hopefully it will get better, but arthritis is another matter.

Carole

JohnP

Looks like Mac's 'I'm Sorry' has been pipped by Carole's DSC October'.......  171 & counting....

mickw

Would that be for the number of posts or number of posts off topic  ;)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional