• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp - Summer '05

Started by Mike, Jul 26, 2005, 19:19:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Folks. Don't forget that it we are holding our Summer Deep Sky Camp from Friday 5th August to Monday 8t August at Headcorn.

If anyone is interested that hasn't been before then contact myself, Paul or Jeff. Non-members are also welcome. Further information is on the OAS website.

It is £5 per night to camp, which includes firewood and use of the facilities. If you are not a camper then Penny provides B&B at the farmhouse. There are also lots of B&B's and hotels only a short distance from the field.

If you don't want to stay all weekend then that is fine, you are welcome to come along jsut for the day or only stay one or two nights if you like, it's up to you.

There are plenty of family activities during the daytime as well as the observing during the night.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Hi Mike,

I'm all set - just bought me tent..... Hopefully, get a chance to give the new scope/ mount a good test. Anybody got any clues yet on long range weather forecast...

Mike

I'm not paying any attention to the weather forecast - I've just had 5 days off work where the weather didn't resemble the forecast whatsoever. I'll just wait till the day and see how it turns out.

What's the new equipment? Is it the LXD75 ?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Yes - I had it a while now but had loads of teething problems - just got the goto to reliably start working. I got it with the 6inch newt - which i don't think is the best scope possible..... the spider holder covers about 50% of the aperture... I also have a 1004-JG camera that I modified - it's based on same chip as Chris's old SAC8 he used to have - I haven't Peltier cooled it yet but I might try & rig something up before the DSC. I also bought an Astronomik Ha.

cheers,  john