• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

RAS visit next Saturday!

Started by Sue, Apr 17, 2005, 19:38:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Sue

There are still a few places left for the free RAS tour(see OAS web site) next Saturday morning 23rd April 10:30 am, if you would like to reserve a place or have any questions please e-mail or phone me (no. in TOAST) :smile:
Members might also like to go along to the BAA meeting (also free) in the afternoon:
23 April 2005 Saturday 14:30 - 17:30 Ordinary Meeting The English Heritage Lecture Theatre, Savile Row, London "Quasars, black holes and galaxy formation" - Omar Almaini (Nottingham University)
"Sky notes" - Martin Mobberley
"Bonneville and Beyond : A Year on Mars with the Spirit Rover" - Doug Ellison
Organiser Nick Hewitt
http://www.britastro.org/main/meetings.html
Sue  

Rick

The BAA website seems to think that the meeting is on the 30th, not the 23rd.

[ This Message was edited by: Rick on 2005-04-17 18:40 ]

Sue

Information copied and pasted from BAA web site yesterday but cannot get link to work to check at moment, will look later.
Where did you see date as 30th? SPA meeting is on that date....

Rick

Dunno. I double-checked it yesterday, but today it's saying 23rd. Put it down to me being cross-eyed, I guess...

Rick

The BAA website's not responding at present, but I found an email from the BAA list, and I think I probably confused March with April. Irritating, as it means I've now double-booked Saturday afternoon. Oh well... Sorry for any confusion caused.

Rick

...and I've put a brief report onto the website.