• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Kelling 2012

Started by Tony G, Aug 03, 2011, 15:47:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

Hi All,

Just to let you know a friend of mine has told me that the pitches are now on sale for Kelling 2012

http://www.starparty.org.uk/

Unbelievable........................Me having a friend. :D

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

mickw

as long as it wasn't a facebook "friend"  :roll:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Carole

I'm going this Autumn on my own as no-one else wanted to go, but I know a number of non OAS people going so will not be lonely.

Before I book again for Autumn 2012 does any-one else want to go, we might as well be pitched together.  The Autumn Equinox Sky camp sells out very quickly (much more so than the Spring one), so if bookings are already open, it's advisable to book now.

Carole

Fay

Julian booked some of us in for this september with the Crayford group, Carole. Me, Robert & Duncan
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Oh, so you're going as well this time.

Where are you pitched?
I'm on T328 Red field - Thursday to Monday

Just been looking at some of the comments on other Forums.  Don't think it's going to be a good idea to wait and see who else wants to go as the bookings are going like hot cakes, may even be sold out already.  Think they need a bigger campsite for the Autumn event for it to be sold out before the previous year's event has even taken place!!!

Carole

Fay

cant remember Carole
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

I've just booked for September 2012.  Kelling disputed the fact that the bookings are going quickly, but it seems lots of areas are reserved for various organising groups, so maybe it's those group's bookings that are going quickly.

Inevitably those groups have hogged all the far Red Quirrel areas at the top.  But I still managed to get a decent pitch several rows down pitch 354. 

Carole