• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Couple of images from DSC

Started by Rocket Pooch, Jun 04, 2006, 18:32:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

I gave the 10" a workout yesterday (telescope that is) and here's a couple of images.  These images we're very poorly polar aligned, hence the moon images being squiffy, I'll have a workthrough over the next few days to see how good the AVI's are.

JohnP

Detail on the moon is amazing - Image looks out of focus or is that because of the tracking... Detail on Jupiter also very impressive - shame GRS wasn't showing....

Tony - did you have a go at Jupiter...?

John

Tony G

Done the same as Chris (moon and jupiter) but stopped when the big guns came out (the serious imaging) and spent some time viewing M13 and M31 and back to the moon until the battery drained.
The laptop only lasts a while aswell, so the next investment has got to be leisure battery, anyway here are a couple of images, my best of jupiter so far, but not as good as Chris (I've got a 10" one) Suddell.
This image shows Vallis Alpes and Aristoteles. All in all a good evening.

Tony G

ps I won't be sleeping under the stars to many more times, you tend to wake up covered in dew.
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JohnP

Very nice images Tony... Glad you managed to image something - Jupiter looks good & moon is very sharp - looks like you got focus & exposure spot on & you even identified the features.

Nice one - Sounds like that all that went had a good time -  John.

Fay

Tony,

Your images are so good. My first attempt, Saturday, was terrible. Did Chris tell you what capture settings to use? I have gone back over past entries on the forum & saw that John Punnet gave you some helpful settings, which I will use next time

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Fay

Tony,

Did you use K3 to capture & what settings did you use?

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Tony G

Fay,
I used the software that came with the camera (toucam pro II)and then processed it through Registax and PSP7 and Chris was guiding me in the right direction (and I don't mean towards the moon and jupiter) as to what to do to start with.
Hopefully soon Fay all of us will be together to do some imaging.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

Tony your images of Jupiter and the Moon are excellent! I would be well chuffed to have taken those ! Well done. I look forward to many more.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan