• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC - 7th to 9th June

Started by Mike, Jun 01, 2013, 11:53:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

I may go down on the thursday
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Delphine

I am one of the people who voted for Rother.   Do I need to book?

Delphine

Sue

We are coming, do we need to ring Jackie asap to book a pitch?
Sue and Roy.

Mike

No need to book. We already have pitches 12 to 15a booked with 5 EHU's. Please bring extension cables as we will definitely need to share the EHU's. If anyone has a splitter for the power cables then better still.

As we have more tents than pitches please make sure you pitch your tent as close to the next one as possible so we can all fit in.

Should I bring the communal tent?

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

What's an EHU?  I guess it means a power hookup but what does the acronym mean?

Mark

Mike

Mark: EHU = Electric Hook Up.

Quote from: Carole on Jun 02, 2013, 08:43:17
True, but I don't like the fact that the southern sky is obstructed by trees at Rother. 
Carole

Carole, if you do what Mark does and pitch your tent as far over to the corner of the square plot we use then you get a decent view of the South. Alternatively you could book one of the pitches along the side and run a long extension cable over there.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

QuoteWhat's an EHU?  I guess it means a power hookup but what does the acronym mean?

Blimey Mark even I figured out that one......    :roll:

Hope to pop down for social on Sat night for a few hours - John

Mike

It would be good to see you at DSC John. It's been a very long time.

Tony G

What's DSC and who's John?????

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Carole

QuoteI'm curious who the 3 anonymous people are who voted but who didn't say they are coming (I only count  ?
I was one who voted for Blacklands, but if the decision is Rother I hope to be coming there - family problems permitting.

Carole

Rocket Pooch

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Tony G

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo what Chris?????????

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Rocket Pooch

The next person who puts

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

Is obviously really weird...

Quote from: Tony G on Jun 04, 2013, 20:01:01

Tony G

Chris whilst we are on, do you know any psychic people?

I know psychic people....

Tony G

Tony G

Chris whilst we are on, do you know any psychic people?

Rocket Pooch

Ah ha Tony, I knew it would be you...