• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC 25th November

Started by mickw, Nov 18, 2011, 09:33:57

Previous topic - Next topic

mickw

Well it will be the final one this year and the weather forecast so far is *Insert lucky guess here*

Who's up for it ?

I'll contact Jackie Sunday or Monday
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mike

Yeah i'm planning on coming. Even if the weather is dodgy.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

me also if weather looks ok. I will be setting off on the tuesday    :lol:
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

So another OAS meeting you'll be missing  :-?

I suppose you'll be secretly meeting your new Keilder and Kelling friends  :cry:

Fay

i was joking about the tuesday :o

mickw

julian

QuoteI suppose you'll be secretly meeting your new Keilder and Kelling friends

Yeah i'm planning on going. :P

julian

The Thing

I'll be there, geared up for whatever the weather may bring - hopefully cold, dry and clear to keep the cider cool and the snacks crisp!

Fay

Touche! Julian very funny     :lol:

Tony G

Fay,

Is there some meaning to all your new meeting places and new friends, as there seems to be a pattern forming, KELLING and KEILDER, and was wondering if there was a sky camp at Knockholt, and with your interests in faeries and GRAND WIZARDS was this anything to do with the actual people you meet, in dark isolated places, miles from ordinary citizens and CHURCHES. ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

well there were a few sacrifices going on & naked people cavorting around in the dark, but nothing out of the ordinary

Rocket Pooch

I'll be there Friday and Saturday night, bringing a Solar Wedge as well as some booze!

Would bring me new newt if the focuser had arrived!

Fay

Have rung Jackie to book me in, but she says no one has contacted her regarding the weekend. The grass is long & wet, but even though it is off season she cant see a problem. Mick can you ring her?

Fay

Rocket Pooch

Well you have a 4x4 and I do so were ok.

Fay

Yes but as the park is closed, she has to know if to exspect anyone out of season. She has not heard from Mick or anyone else