• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

September DSC - Rother/Kelling ??

Started by mickw, Sep 15, 2011, 07:40:32

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

Blimey Carole, you're becoming a bit of a trouper !

You've done the pain now where are those lovely images?

Roberrt

JohnP

Carole - where did you get wind shield from - looks good?

Look forward to images sounds like you have a hell of a collection...

Carole

The Wind shields were from Tesco, they have steel poles and were quite cheap I recall as I bought two, something like £12 each.  

Quotei am disappointed i thought you would have taken your skypod there  
:cheesy:, Do you know SkyPODshed say you can take them to star parties, can you imagine it - the transportation and time it takes!!

QuoteYou've done the pain now where are those lovely images?
I haven't unpacked the car yet, as I only got back at about 6.30 last night and just took out the essentials as I was too tired.  I did some preliminary post processing at Kelling (just for reassurance), and also finally got to grips with High Pass filter while I was there.  Was going to leave all the astro kit in the car ready for Saturday, but I'll see if I can dig out the laptop.

Carole

Carole

Some-one on SGL managed to get an image of the aurora.  It's a 30sec sub so picked up much more than the eye could see.  I didn't see all that red, but my 5min subs cooking away on M101 were very red.

As I say I also saw white beams as well.

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-widefield-special-events-comets/158323-aurora-kelling-star-party.html#post1987905

Carole