• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp 2011 March 4th to 7th

Started by Fay, Feb 25, 2011, 13:23:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Who is planning to go to DSC beginning of March?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

Me if the weather is OK

And (as I said last night, for the benefit of those that didn't go to AGM  :P) the venue will be decided on the weather during the week.  If it doesn't rain it will be Rother Valley if there is a fair bit of rain it will be Blacklands
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

The Thing

Me! Me! Me!  :beer: +:flame:+ :baa: = A good weekend!

Ah! The joy of the outdoors and the camp camaraderie. Not to mention the cider/beer/wine/stickies/spirits (though not in the same mug at the same time).  :beer:  A "cloudy" sky would be nice as well.  ;)

Not sure about the sheep but Tony may have thoughts on that score.

Fay

Duncan, I will assume you are really excited!!!!!!!!!

mickw

Duncan, you do remember what end points up and what twiddly bits get twiddled ?  :D

Carole

So that's what you and Duncan get up to.
:cheesy:

Carole

QuoteWho is planning to go to DSC beginning of March?
It depends on the weather.  The websites I have looked on so far do not look very optimistic for that weekend.

When will these clouds ever end?????????????

:cry:

Tony G

Quote from: mickw on Feb 25, 2011, 16:08:42
Duncan, you do remember what end points up and what twiddly bits get twiddled ?  :D

Mick,

Are you talking about the sheep??????????? :-?

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

mickw

QuoteAre you talking about the sheep???????????

Well I was until everybody realised  :oops: 

Mike

Unless the weather is seriously crap i'll be there.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

I'll only come down if there's a chance of clear sky.  Otherwise I'll be at home packing - looks like we'll be exchanging contracts in the coming week.  Lots to do!

Mark

mickw

Well so far the forecast is for clouds but as I'm going nuts at home I'll probably go anyway - unless it's chucking down.

Rother and Blacklands have both had some rain every day since friday (daytime or night) which is not good for Rother.
I'll whack off an email to Jackie to find out what the ground conditions are like but I'm leaning towards Blacklands

Mike

Not sure where you are checking but it doesn't look too bad to me at this moment in time:

http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Hastings-UKXX0929

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

The Thing